Monday, September 11, 2023

Paul sees Jesus on the road to Damascus coloring page

 Welcome or welcome back to my free coloring pages blog.

My name is Robin Lyman and I love to draw coloring pages.

There are over 2700 drawings on this blog that you can print to color.

Today's new drawing is of Paul the Apostle...

BEFORE he was an Apostle... so his name was still Saul.



Paul sees Jesus on the road to Damascus

Some people think that Paul only heard Jesus when he, (then known as Saul) saw a light and heard a voice.  But when Paul was defending himself in Jerusalem it feels like he implies that he also saw the resurrected and glorified Jesus of Nazareth when he had the vision on the road to Damascus.  By the way, "Saul" was going to Damascus to arrest Christians.  His vision immediately converted him and Paul soon became quite possibly the greatest missionary of all time. 

"Saul" changed his name to a more Gentile name when he went out to teach the people of the Roman Empire.  He changed his name to Paul.  The Apostle Paul had great conviction and he traveled for many many miles over many years to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Paul also later wrote many letters to the cities... or to the people in cities where he had preached.  Those letters make up a large part of the New Testament of the Holy Bible. 

There is some early Christian writing that says Paul was a man who was small of stature and had crooked legs.  But it also says he had a very friendly face.  It was also thought that he was bald, although since he was a young man at the time of his first vision, I drew him with hair and a somewhat receding hairline.  I would assume he had more hair when he was young and lost much of it over the years.  

NOTE:  This drawing is found in printable form by clicking on the "Religious" button and then scrolling down to the bottom of the New Testament section.  Have fun coloring!

By the way, please include me in your prayers because I have surgery on Tuesday.  If all goes well I will be posting more drawings in a few days.  If there are problems it will probably take me several days to "escape" the hospital.  In that case it may be a week or two before I can post new drawings.  Thank you to all of you who have read my blog and/or printed my coloring pages.  God bless you all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment