Friday, December 23, 2022

Santa at Night cartoon coloring page

Welcome to my free coloring pages blog! 

Today's new drawing is a cartoon picture of Santa at Night.


Santa at Night


I was in a copy shop many years ago.  I was an unemployed teacher at the time and I was running off copies of my resume.  I was feeling a little down.  A 4-year-old was in there with his mom.  It was December and there was a picture of Santa on the window. 

To understand why this is funny and rather touching is that we members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints believe that John the Beloved, the disciple of Jesus, was granted the gift to stay on Earth until the Savior's second coming. 

 The little boy tugged on his mother's coat and said, enthusiastically, "Mommy, I've got it!  Santa is John the Beloved."

I chuckled and then I thought about it and I was touched.  What nice thought for John the Beloved to be involved in giving gifts to good children... and even to good adults. 

This drawing is of Santa, in a cartoon form.  He is standing in the snow before his big trip.  He has his bag of toys... (magical bag of toys).  There is a wreath hanging from a tree and two small Christmas trees.  One has a star as the tree-topper and the other has a Christmas star. 


NOTE:  This drawing is found in printable form by clicking on the "Holidays" button and then scrolling to the bottom of the Christmas section.  Have fun coloring and Merry Christmas!   Oh, by the way, there are a lot of other Christmas drawings there.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment