Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Thanksgiving Coloring Pages 2021

 What was really eaten at the first Thanksgiving feast?  




Turkey Cartoon to Color

(Definitely eaten at first Thanksgiving... but it probably did not wear a hat and boots.)



Tom Turkey in the Wild

(Definitely eaten at the first Thanksgiving. Wild Turkeys were very common in the area where the first Thanksgiving took place.  Other forms of wild game were certainly eaten as well.)



Canadian Goose

(May well have been eaten at the first Thanksgiving since geese were often hunted and eaten.  While growing up near a lake in Central Utah my older brothers shot several geese and ducks for our Thanksgiving dinner.  They were delicious, but myself, as the little brother, had to pluck them all!      My hands were about frozen when I finally got done plucking 4 geese and 6 ducks.)



Whitetail Deer Buck

(Certainly was eaten at the first Thanksgiving... one account says the Native Americans brought 5 deer.)




Mallard Ducks

(Possibly eaten at the first Thanksgiving.  Records show that many fowl were shot for the feast.

The male Mallard Duck has a blue-green head & the females' feathers are a spotty brown)



Swan on a Lake flapping Wings

It kind of bothers me but the early colonists and Native Americans in the area of the first Thanksgiving hunted and ate swans.  Swans are my favorite bird to see... but not to eat.  I think swans are the most beautiful bird on the planet.  In fact, they are one of my favorite types of wildlife to view.  As a birder, they are definitely my favorite bird to see... although I am partial to robins... since my name is Robin.  I need to add that I can't be too upset at the Pilgrims eating swans because some of my ancestors were there and if they had not survived I wouldn't be here to draw and post these pictures!


Mule Deer Doe and Fawn

(Very unlikely that this species was eaten for the first Thanksgiving, 

but it is one of my latest drawings as so I felt like including it.)


NOTE:  This post for Thanksgiving has no new drawings.  However, it shows what wild game may have been eaten at that first big Thanksgiving feast in Plymouth, Massachusetts.  These drawings can all be found, in printable form, by clicking on either the "Holidays" button, or the "Animals" button, or the "Birds" button.  

No comments:

Post a Comment