Friday, December 14, 2018

Scrooge and Marley

Dickens Festival Scrooge and Marley

These two actors were in A Christmas Carol play last week at the Dickens Festival.  I think the man on the left was one of the gentlemen collecting for the poor.  The man was playing Ebeneezer Scrooge.  I decided they would make a good Scrooge and Marley.  Marley is on the left and Scrooge is on the right.  As you can see, Marley is a ghost, but this is a spoiler from the book Jacob T. Marley.  It was written a few years ago and it is the back story of Mr. Marley.  I have often made a point to read A Christmas Carol most Christmas Seasons.  But now I also read Jacob T. Marley.  I highly recommend the book.  

In this drawing Scrooge is thanking Marley for his help.  This is a scene from my imagination.  I figure that Marley would maybe be forgiven and reappear to his old friend Scrooge.  You will notice that Marley is now free of his chains.  Both are standing outside their office.  Scrooge is trying to pat Marley on the back.   Look closely and you can see Scrooge's arm and hand through Marley. 

In the below photo you see the two actors.  I based my drawing on them . . . but only rather loosely. 

The Actors

No comments:

Post a Comment