Thursday, June 28, 2018

Helix the Labradoodle


Helix the Labradoodle
Sorry about the the drawing not being posted.  The printable version was and still is 
available under the Animals Button at the top of the page though.  

We met helix, a female Labradoodle.  She is a sweet dog and since our Maltese doggy Ellie died over a year ago, I still miss having a dog.  We may yet adopt a new dog, but we have not done so yet.  Helix gave me lots of kisses and cuddles.  Her owner told us that she was the best dog she has ever had.  She is also a service dog for visiting patients in hospitals.  Maybe she was so loving because she seemed to notice my tracheotomy under my scarf I wear to cover it.  It was such a fun experience I got permission to take her photo and I drew her tonight.   Ya gotta love a nice doggy. 

Labradoodles are a designer breed that is half Labrador Retriever and half Poodle.  They are generally hypoallergenic like a poodle and a great pet. The poodle genes make a Labradoodle hypallerginic.  That is great for me.  I am allergic to some breeds of dogs,   Labs are still the most popular dog breed in the USA and Poodles are the 7th most popular breed.

Helix's owner told us that they were planning on getting a second dog and naming it "Double".    So they would have "Double Helix" . . . which is the organization of the atoms on a DNA molecule.   That is an interesting name for a designer breed.



Photo of Helix 

2 comments:

  1. Robyn,

    It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. Thank you for your time and talking with us! We enjoyed hearing about your dogs and how much you enjoy creating the coloring pages. I cannot tell you how much it means to me that Helix now has her own coloring page. You are a true inspiration and I can only hope that I find a passion like you have in drawing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize I spelled your name wrong. I think I saw the "y" in Lyman and just put it where the "i" should be in Robin. Sorry about that!

      Delete