Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Three Hebrew Children in the Fiery Furnace

When King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon took much of the nobelmen of the Hebrews captive there were some who deternmined that they would keep God's laws.  Their names were Daniel (of the Lion's Den), Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah.  Their names were changed to Babylonian names.  Still, we know Daniel by his Hebrew name.  The other three had their names changed to Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego.  These three would not eat the unclean meats of the King's table and they actually prospered.

Later, when the king had a huge statue or idol of himself made he ordered everyone to worship it.
I'm sure Daniel did not worship it, but he is not in this part of the story.  Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego refused to worship the idol and this made the king very angry.  They said that even if their god did not save them that they still would not worship the idol.  The three Hebrew children where thrown into a fiery furnace.  The furnace was so hot that the soldiers that threw them in died of the heat.

Three Hebrew Children in the Fiery Furnace
Then the king saw that there were 4 personages in the fiery furnace.  Then the three Hebrew children walked out unharmed.  They did not even smell like smoke.  The king repented and made a law that no one should speak against the god of the Hebrews.  And these three men were promoted.  See in the Bible, Daniel, chapter 3.


Sometimes good people die in serving God, but sometimes God preserves their lives in miraculous ways.  I myself was preserved by divine intervention 10 years ago when my surgeon in Boston told me that I would not make it.  Instead God spoke to my soul and gave me a choice to go or stay.  I still had a 13 year old so I chose to stay.  Still enjoying life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment