Today, in honor of Shark Week on the Discovery Channel,
I am posting a coloring page I drew of a
Merman with 3 young sharks of different species.
Merman with 3 Young Sharks
Merpeople, or SOME Merpeople, are friendly with sharks. They have a powerful magic that keeps sharks under control... or at least the Merpeople are not in danger from sharks. Here we see Marino, a Merman who is teaching 3 young sharks. The sharks are from 3 different species. The spotted one is a Leopard Shark. The Hammerhead Shark is the one lowest in the picture. The top shark in the picture is a young Great White
Leopard sharks usually are only around 4-5 feet long. That is 1.2 - 1.5 meters long. But large females have been found that were up to 7 feet or 2.13 meters long. This is a juvenile Leopard Shark.
There are 10 species of Hammerhead sharks. The Great Hammerhead Shark can be up to 20 feet or 6 meters long. This is a young Hammerhead Shark.
Great White Sharks grow on average to be 11- 16 feet or 3.35 - 4.9 meters long. Exceptionally large ones can be up to 21 feet or 6.4 meters long. The pups or babies are about 4 feet or 1.2 meters long. This is a juvenile Great White Shark. She is only about 6 feet or 1.8 meters long. I will admit that this juvenile Great White Shark should probably be thicker, but the markings are correct for a Great White Shark. Maybe she has had trouble finding enough to eat, and that is why Marino is helping her out.
See what other organisms you can spot: octopus, clown fish, coral, brain coral, sand worms, and a couple of reef fish hiding in plant matter and sea grass.
NOTE: This drawing is found in printable form by clicking on the button labeled "Animals." If you are accessing this site in July or August of 2026, then this drawing's title will be at or near the bottom of the list of Animal coloring pages that I drew. I posted this drawing or coloring page in the "Animals" section because I drew specific species of sharks I am also posting this drawing under the button labeled "Fantasy, Myths, and Circus." Scroll to the bottom of that list as well to get the printable coloring page. All Mermaids and Mermen drawings are always posted in "Fantasy, Myths, and Circus."
My wife and I are watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. So I will be drawing and posting more shark coloring pages - - probably with Mermaids or Mermen or both. Keep checking back this week!

No comments:
Post a Comment